Lifestyle: Random ways to turn her on
All it takes is seeing a pair of honeydew melons on the kitchen counter for you to start thinking about sex. But for women, it’s a little more complex than that.
Certain critical switches must be triggered before her brain orders the release of that critical chemical, vasoactive intestinal peptide, which increases blood flow to the pelvic area, swelling her inner and outer labia and causing her to feel the gnawing sexual tension of desire.
Yeah, that sounds pretty clinical. But we’ll help you keep it simple, with these tips from The Better Man Project, an all-new book from the Editor-in-Chief of Men’s Health.
It's a jam-packed user's guide to every aspect of man's life, with more than 2000 easy hacks to improve your fitness, nutrition, health, and sex life. All to make you a better man in every way that counts.
1. Use Your Hands Grab hold of her hand while you’re walking across the street or while watching TV. It’ll cause her whole body to feel good. Did you know there are 40,000 nerve endings in the palm of her hand?
Think of them as G-rated pleasure buttons that’ll lead to some adult entertainment after dinner.
2. Be a Marine Talk a stroll along the beach, the lake, a pool, a birdbath. Studies show that simply being in the proximity of water causes a relaxing effect that may help calm libido-killing jitters.
3. Strap Her onto a Zip Line Novel, exciting, adrenaline-producing activities make us hyperaware: Our breathing quickens, our heart races and guess what? Those are all feelings associated with sexual arousal. No wonder studies show that roller coaster rides can be a turn on for some women.
What’s more, a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that couples who participated in a novel task experienced greater overall relationship quality—another critical requirement for getting her naked.
4. Make Her a Cucumber and Fennel Salad Certain scent combos trigger a sexual reaction in humans, but the smells are different for females, according to research conducted by Dr. Alan R. Hirsch, director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago.
It turns out that some women experience increased vaginal blood flow after being exposed to the scents of cucumber and licorice.
5. Dim the Lights Low light doesn’t have anything to do with lubrication directly. But here’s the deal: Many women are so concerned with the appearance of their naked bodies that they find it difficult to enjoy themselves in bed, according to sex researcher and author Ian Kerner, Ph.D. Turning down the lights may make her feel less self-conscious and more relaxed.
6. Feed Her Fantasies Women think about sex an average of 19 times a day, according to a report in The Journal of Sex Research. And one of her fleeting fantasies might occur during foreplay. In a Men’s Health survey, one in three women said they’re thinking about something they’re dying to try but are scared to bring up when things start to get hot.
How to decode the mystery? Surprise her with a book of erotic stories, and ask her to read her favorite passage.
7. Whisper This in Her Ear While shopping or at a party, or anywhere in public, tell her what you’d like to do to her later: “Tonight, I’m going to undress you with my teeth . . . ” “Tonight, I’m going to make you feel amazing.” “Tonight, I’m going to give you as many orgasms as possible.”
For women, anticipating sex can be as exciting as the actual event. So start early.
8. Get Sweaty Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin found that physical activity was able to prime a woman’s body for sexual activity by making her more sensitive to touch and by revving up a network of neurons known as the sympathetic nervous system, which controls arousal.
Go for a run or hit the gym. According to the Women’s Health e-book, Easy Orgasms, the tissue that forms the clitoris contains 8,000 nerve fibers that extend into the entire pelvic region, including the vaginal walls. And any kind of repetitive exercise is likely to stimulate those nerves, say researchers.
9. Keep Her Guessing Tease her to please her. Squeeze a cheek while she’s waiting for coffee to brew, kiss her deeply (for about 4 seconds or so) as you both head out the door. Build tension before you part ways, then let it linger for later. Why? See #7.
10. Heat Things Up with Chore-Play Pull on your best pair of rubber gloves and bubble-up the kitchen sink. Couples that clean together report more relationship satisfaction, the Journal of Family Issues reports.
Women equate your level of interest in helping around the house (or with kids) with your level of interest in them, says study author Adam Galovan, Ph.D.(c), of the University of Missouri. And there’s few things are hotter to a woman than showing that you desire her.
11. Schedule a Sex-Fast They say ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder.’ Well, abstinence can make her really freakin’ horny. Reset her desire by way of denial. Taking a short-term break from all forms of sex—oral, manual, intercourse, even masturbation—can help you both rediscover the thrill of the chase, experts say.
Part of the fun can be teasing each other to seeing who can cave first. Hint: Let her win. Indulge yourselves when the ‘fast’ is over by trying a new position, or getting busy somewhere previously off-limits.
12. Draft Wish Lists Upgrade your sexual appetites by clueing each other into what whets your whistle. A University of New Brunswick study revealed that after 15 years together, couples said they only knew about 26 percent of what their partner disliked. So pour her a glass of wine, and grab a pen and a sheet of paper.
Start a yes, no, maybe list for bedroom recipes the two of you want to try together. Whether you end up getting kinky with whipped cream or not, this exercise can be enlightening and empowering to what you both want.
HAVE A SAY. WHAT DO YOU THINK? DROP COMMENTS!